
Yesterday was Jenna's fifth birthday. It's strange that my baby is already five. She had a Backyardigans birthday party on Saturday. I ventured out on my own this time and made the cake without Amy's help, although she gave me the idea. It looks like it was easy but it took me a long time even though it's not nearly as impressive as the microphone cake. It was perfect for the party though and Jenna loved it.
On her actual birthday Jenna got a pedicure from my sister and spent her very own money on a Strawberry Shortcake DDR (dance dance revolution) video game. She also got roller skates for her birthday so she spent half the day rolling through the house.
Like I did with Grace I think I will tell you some of the things I love about Jenna. Probably the best thing is that she is so happy. She is the most pleasant, easy-going child, which I'm quite sure she gets from her father. She's also hysterically funny but very tender-hearted and sensitive. And she's a complete cuddle bug, which I relish since I don't have a baby to snuggle. Her teacher tells me she's super smart and a joy to have at school. And two of her funny talents are that she can recite the alphabet backwards and she prefers to write things in mirror-image. In fact, she completely confused my 80-something grandma with her Mother's Day card that was written backwards. My grandma kept trying to turn it upside down until I showed her that the note read from right to left. Maybe she's Hebrew.
Life in the Miller family would be pretty dull without Jenna. She lights up any room she enters and has such a joy for life. We love you Jenna!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Happy Birthday Jenna!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Jessica-
Thanks for the shout out :) I am thrilled to have that semester over with. . . wow! Good to know that next year won't be so bad.
How fun that you guys have a blog! It was great to be able to see your girls, they are so pretty!
I remember having some questions for you, but now that school is out I've completely forgotten what any of them were. . . ah, I love summer! I'll let you know when I remember :)
Cute cake! Very good. Jenna is so pretty. I hope the girls know we love them even though we never call on their birthdays!! Will you be in UT during July? We'll be there from June 29th through August 1st.
Wow, she's already five? You are so lucky to have two darling girls.
Good job on the cake. I know I couldn't have done it. I'm glad you all had a great time.
I think the cake looks fabulous! I love the circles in different colors. Makes me want to go scrapbook...:)
Can't believe your baby is 5! It goes fast- doesn't it!?
Post a Comment