Sunday, March 8, 2009

Catching Up

I have not been blogging about the fun stuff we have been doing because I've been lazy. I wish blogger didn't take so long to load photos. But I have a few minutes this morning so here's the update.

On Martin Luther King Day Grace participated in the parade with her elementary school jump rope club. She has several good friends in Jump On! with her and they love jumping in the parade. (On a side note, this is really a terrible parade. Aside from seeing Grace and her friends there is really nothing else worth watching. It's mostly trucks full of ethnic clubs from Westwood High, which somehow seems contrary to the message of the day. But we go anyway just for the chance to see our kiddies.)



Sometime in January we went bowling with some friends. We have great buddies in our ward and have so much fun together. I will be really sad to move someday and not have these great people right down the road from us. I have to tell you that this first picture was not contrived! It was completely spontaneous and hilarious! (They really do like the little boy on the right. He just hadn't managed to scoot over by the time I took the picture but his facial expression is so funny in light of what is next to him.)



On President's Day we went with some friends to McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park in Scottsdale. We have done this too many times to count and my kids still love it every time. It's great fun and cheap.




A week or so ago I came into the family room to find my kids watching TV like this:


It cracked me up!

And yesterday we went to see Sleeping Beauty at the Hale Center Theatre in Gilbert. Unfortunately the play was awful and I do not recommend you see it. However, we have season tickets to the adult plays and have never seen something we didn't like. Apparently it's just the kids' shows that are painful. But my kids liked it anyway. Then we had a picnic and played at Freestone Park. It was great fun and beautiful weather.





Also this month, Jenna learned how to ride a bike with no training wheels. She's quite proud of herself, as are we.


And last but not least we are halfway to our new addition. Here's a picture of my growing belly. We will have some news for you on Thursday so stay tuned!


9 comments:

Kat said...

Jessica, thanks for the update. The girls are getting so big. I'm looking forward to Thursday.

The Porter Family said...

what a fun update. Jess, I heard the great, GREAT news from Sherry. I am so, so thrilled for you--and you hardly look pregnant. Congrats--and we'll have to get together soon!
love, Lou

Helen said...

You look gorgeous! Glad you guys are making lots of fun memories.

julz said...

Cute pics and you don't even look pregnant. Just like you ate a big dinner. Can't wait till Thursday.

Smith Family said...

I love Jenna's pose in the bowling picture! Such a diva! You are so freaking skinny you barely look prego. Congrats again!

jen said...

Really? Halfway? I remember seeing you at Safeway when you were a week away from delivering Jenna, and you hardly looked pregnant. Blessings of a tall frame and skinny body! Lucky lucky you!
Thursday, huh? Holding my breath . . .

Greg and Tammy said...

and you look just as beautiful as ever!! Sounds like a fun and busy month!!

Diana said...

Jess, I can't believe how much Grace looks like you. Almost identical! And I agree with everyone else. You hardly look pregant. Man I wish I was taller. Let us know when you have some news!

Lauren said...

Jess, you look absolutely awesome! I'm so happy for you, as you know! :)