Monday, October 5, 2009

Bon Voyage

My parents left for their mission yesterday. Saying goodbye was hard and I get sad every time I walk into their empty closet. (I guess I should fill it.) They will spend the next two weeks at the MTC in Provo and then head to Samoa. I'm proud of them for choosing to serve a mission. They had a pretty peachy life that they had worked hard for and they left it all behind to serve the Lord--not an easy thing to do. Although they will be spending the next 18 months in the tropical paradise pictured below, which makes it a little harder to feel sorry for them!


In other news, Claire is nearly 11 weeks old and growing quickly. She weighed almost 11 lbs. at her most recent check-up which puts her in the 50th percentile. I keep trying to get a picture of her cute smile but I can't seem to catch it. She is an excellent baby who rarely makes a peep and loves it when her sisters talk to her. She has highly expressive and intense eyebrows as you can see from the following picture.



This is my cute niece, Lily, holding Claire.


This picture was taken yesterday when her sisters couldn't resist putting a clown wig on her head. She was an excellent sport and didn't complain as we all giggled at her.


And I'm sorry to those of you who didn't get a paper version of our baby announcement but here is the beautiful picture my sister took. Claire was only a couple of weeks old in this photo. Isn't it gorgeous?


9 comments:

Jenn C. said...

You are so blessed.

Kat said...

Love the picture of the girls with Claire. Good luck to your parents - they'll do so much good in Samoa.

Taylor Anne Vail said...

what a sweet photo

Diana said...

Love the picture of all three girls. Priceless! Tell your parents...good luck! They will love it!

Greg and Tammy said...

Love the announcement picture! What beautiful girls you have!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Wow! Samoa? That is amazing. This experience will bless your family so much. Your girls will be able to hear their testimonies so often!
Alright girl, I was talking to my cousin Robyn Anderson the other day. Is there anyway you could teach Ridge speech? Do you have any openings through out the week?
And then what is this fun book club you have? Would my 7 year old be able to join? Goodness...all of these great things!

Lauren said...

So fun! I LOVE the pic of the girls!

Lauren said...

Have you heard from your parents yet? Or do they go to training or something first? I hope they're doing well and that the rest of the family is adjusting well. :)

Soelbergs said...

Love that picture!!!!! Girls are the BEST!