I love Valentine's Day. I'm not really sure why. It certainly isn't because I am married to an ultra-romantic man who makes this day full of wonder. (Love you anyway, honey.) Maybe it's because I have a serious sweet tooth or because I love pink and red? No idea. I do know one thing I really love about Valentine's Day--my mom's sugar cookies. She bakes the most delicious cookies once a year. Yep, we have to wait all year for this one day when she will fill her kitchen with cookies. And this year my mom is half a world away and will not be making cookies for me. I will certainly try to uphold the tradition but no one can make them like she can. The picture at the top of this post looks just like the cookies my mom would make. Yum! But I also found this next picture that made me drool. How I wish my sugar cookies would look like that! I'm guessing that to look that good they certainly can't taste as delicious as mine. At least that's what I'm telling myself! Anyone want some cookies?

Tuesday, February 2, 2010
True Love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Oh how I wish I were there to bake cookies. I thought about doing it here and sending them--silly thought, who wants stale cookies? Just promise me that you will allow me the pleasure of the baking once I return! (which means you will have the job for two years--hard to believe that I will miss two Valentine Days!) Love and miss you MOM
there better be some for me in that batch! i want an unfrosted one and about 20 frosted ones! thanks! :) love you
Yes please.
Wish I were there to make them with you...
Jess. You motivated me to make some for my kids this week. Those cookies on the bottom look so cute and I just read a tutorial this week on how to frost them ultra-smooth like that. But in the end, I prefer a fluffier, messier frosting anyway. I;m sure yours will be delicious.
Post a Comment