Saturday, March 15, 2008

Lemon Poppy Seed Cake

I thought it might be fun to post one of my favorite recipes. I just made this cake for only the second time and I had forgotten how easy and tasty it was. I got it from my friend Tiffany and thought I should share it with all of you. Thanks Tiff!

1 yellow cake mix
3 eggs
3/4 c. oil
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
1 c. sour creamm
1/4 c. poppy seeds

Mix all ingredients except sour cream and poppy seeds. Then add sour cream and seeds and mix a bit more. Spray bundt pan with cooking spray and coat generously with granulated sugar. Bake @325 for 55 min. Let sit for a few minutes then turn onto a platter.

Glaze: mix 1 c. powdered sugar and enough lemon juice to make desired drizzling consistency.

Enjoy!

0 comments: