Last week I accompanied the second grade on their field trip. Grace and I spent the day wandering the zoo with five of her classmates. It was significantly more pleasant that I was anticipating but I was quite exhausted by the end. The kids loved it so that made it fun and the weather was beautiful. We were really lucky because Grace's teacher has a connection to one of the zoo directors so the kids got up close and personal with the tortoises. We went behind the exhibit where the kids were able to touch the tortoises on the head and watch them eating carrots. It was great! We also saw a peacock with its tail fanned out, which was amazingly beautiful. Unfortunately I was too slow getting my camera out so I don't have a picture of that one.
I've discovered that the older my kids get the more I appreciate opportunities like today. It won't be long before Grace prefers that I stay home from her field trips. It was well worth the annoying stuff (like riding on the bus with 60 exceptionally loud 2nd graders) to enjoy a day with my daughter!



2 comments:
Looks like so much fun! I bet the weather was GORGEOUS! You know I still remember all of the field trips that my parents came on? I don't remember many that this didn't. Your daughter will treasure that memory as well. See you next week in Utah! :)
Looks like you guys had a great time. I love going on field trips too! I know what you mean about getting worn out I usually need a little nap by the time I get home.
Post a Comment