Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Grace!!


My baby turned 8 on Friday and I can't believe it! She had a really fun birthday that included a pedicure from my sister, an American Idol karaoke party (complete with a microphone cake that my friend Amy and I spent three hours making. I almost cried when I cut it.) and a family dinner at my parents' house. What eight-year-old could ask for more?

For those of you who live far away and don't know Grace like I do, here's what I love most about her:

She is a really great big sister. Usually when Jenna gets disciplined or hurt she runs to Grace for comfort. I often find them snuggled in a corner together reading. I love that for the most part they really enjoy each other's company.

She loves singing. I can't wait until she's a little older and we can really share our love of music.

She is unbelievably smart. I think she will put me and her dad to shame someday. She also loves to read and I can't wait to pass on all my favorite books

She's very creative and loves to do crafts (also something we can enjoy together as she gets older) and write stories. Her teacher tells me she's quite the little author.

She really tries to do what is right and I find myself learning from her spiritually on a fairly regular basis. She's usually the one reminding us to read scriptures or say the blessing.

I can't imagine life without her. Now that we've had trouble having more babies I consider the two that I do have even greater miracles than ever. We love you Grace!!

4 comments:

Taylor Anne Vail said...

so cute. Happy birthday Grace and way to go on the cake!

aLiCe said...

I want an American Idol cake.. Maybe I want an America's Next Top Model cake.. can you swing that for me next year Jess?

Greg and Tammy said...

That cake is AMAZING!!! WOW. Your Grace is a doll... I loved reading about her. She sounds like a sweetie.

Soelbergs said...

Great job on the cake - even if it doesn't stand up on its own! I got your email about musical theater. We just got back in town last night from Chicago, so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I'll send you the sign up sheet asap.