Amy Stephens related this story to me and I just had to share as well as preserve it for myself. Grace and JJ (Amy's son) were talking this morning on the way to school. They were discussing a boy in their class named Karl who has honestly been their nemesis for three years now. (That's a story for another time.) Grace told JJ that she wished she had a "You Do Doll" which had JJ (and his mother) thoroughly confused. Grace proceeded to explain that it's one of those dolls that looks like a person and when you tell it what to do then the person does whatever you say, hence the name "You Do." I'd kind of like one of those myself! :)
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
thats so funny. i wonder where she heard about that. i want to hear about karl haha it must be bad if grace wants a you do doll. the frase "you do doll" actually makes a lot of sense. she explained it perfectly. "you do" what i tell you to. haha what a genius.
GRACE: I can't believe Karl is going to be a banker too.
JJ: I know. That means he will be going to the Banker Lunch with us.
GRACE: Yeah and he will talk the whole time and we won't be able to. What we need is on of those You Do dolls.
JJ: Looks at Grace cluelessly.
GRACE: You know, one of those dolls that looks like a person. Then you tell it what to do and it has to do it. We could just tell the doll to be quiet and Karl would have to. (Isn't it sweet that being quiet is the worst You Do command she thought to use on him.)
AMY: Laughing hysterically while trying to hide her face wishes silently that she could get her hands on some of those You Do dolls.
I would like at least 4!
How funny! I love that idea! Can you imagine- bed time routines would be so much simpler because the parents could say "stop talking with your sister and get your pj's on!"
Post a Comment