Saturday, September 13, 2008

Chakra Balancing & Energy Flow. . .What?!

I had my first day of yoga certification training today. Wow--I've never been in a room with so many interesting people before. I really just like yoga because of the health and fitness benefits. I've never been into the entire mind/body stuff so it was pretty funny today. I was wishing there was someone I knew there with me so we could enjoy a good laugh together.

At the end of class we stood in a circle and held hands. We each took a turn saying one word that described how we felt about the day as we squeezed (or squoze, as my instructor said) the hand of the person next to us. It was Girls' Camp all over again. We got to the end and the assistant instructor said "Family" and the woman next to me said, "I should have said tearful." I thought to myself, "I should have said INSANE!"

(For those of you who will be coming to my yoga class--don't worry, I did learn some good stuff and I'll leave the crazy people stuff at home.)

6 comments:

damonandkami said...

Jess! Hey! Its so fun to keep in touch through these dang blogs! Im totally not good at it but I'm starting to love it. I can't even believe how big your girls are! I remember the day Grace was born and Rachel calling me being so excited about being an aunt! Geez time flys!

Camden said...

Ya, I'm with you. I've done a lot of yoga but only for the flexibility and strength. I always have a had time saying 'Namaste' at the end as my instructors always have. It feels a bit like saying Amen! Weird.

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Why am I not surprised that you are a yoga queen? That's seriously so neat you're doing that. And I was cracking up at your 'girls camp' scenerio! too funny...
i posted the yummy treat recipe on my blog by the picture of it! SOOO EASY! YOU'LL LOVE IT.

Amanda said...

That's hilarious. I would have loved to be there with you. Although we probably would have disrupted the whole class. Thanks for the laugh.

Anonymous said...

When I was in my graduate program, one of my classmates was into all that mind/body stuff and yoga. She brought this Tibetan singing bowl in every week, and she would "play" it before class, telling us it would relax us and align our chakras. Afterwards, my classmates (all women) would get all breathy and say, "Oh, that was wonderful!" as if they'd just had a massage or something. Meanwhile, I couldn't keep from laughing the whole time and complaining afterwards about the horrible headache it gave me! Guess my chakras were all out of whack... eh, so be it! :)

Emily Lauren said...

Ha ha ha. That's so funny! I'm cracking up right now. I totally think it's 'crazyness' too, but this summer I read a book called Eat Pray Love, and it actually was really interesting- in the Pray section it talks a lot about meditation and all of that body/spirit stuff. It definitely made me appreciate the crazies more. :)