
I realized that I forgot to mention one of the best parts of our vacation. While at Bear Lake my dad came home to Arizona to work for a few days so my mom and I packed up the girls and drove to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. It was great. The first night we were there we went to the Shoot-out in the town square. They have done a show in the town square for many years so we thought we'd check it out. The best part was that the mayor in the show was named Grace Miller. I wish you all could have seen Grace's face when they announced her name. It was classic! Afterward we had to have a picture with the actress who told Grace that she would surely be the first female President of the United States.
The next morning my mom took the girls down the alpine slide. I couldn't go because of the baby but I had fun watching them from the ski lift. Unfortunately I didn't have my real camera so I couldn't zoom in but below is a picture from my phone with Grace on the slide. The girls loved it and would have done it 15 times if they could have. We had a blast!
We had another interesting thing happen during the drive there. I really had to use the restroom but we were driving through teeny towns in Wyoming that had no gas stations, grocery stores, nothing with a bathroom. Because I needed to go so badly I started having contractions about every three minutes. After 45 minutes of this I started getting nervous. I really didn't want to have a baby in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming. I knew that if there was no restroom in the next town I would have to stop on the side of the road. Not an easy task for a pregnant woman. So as we were coming into the next town I said a little prayer that there would be somewhere for me to go to the bathroom. As we're getting to the end of the town I'm starting to get desperate as it's becoming clear that there would be no gas station in my future. Where do these people get their gas? Just as we're turning the last corner to leave town I see an LDS church. Unbelievably, a door of the church is propped open with a chair. I pulled over, ran in and used the restroom. I didn't see a soul inside or out of the church. We drove away and that was the last of my contractions. Divine intervention?




3 comments:
We went to Yellowstone and spent time in Jackson too - loved the alpine slide! Your baby is precious!
Definitely divine intervention.
this is so funny. I can picture exactly where you where. Did you know I my family lived up there in a small town 45 minutes south of Jackson Hole. It's so beautiful in the Tetons.
Glad you found a restroom.
Post a Comment