Thursday, June 12, 2008

In Loving Memory


My dear friends, Doug and Brittany Kunz, lost their sweet one-year-old Daxton on Monday. He was such a beautiful baby with rosy cheeks and blue eyes and will be greatly missed. While it is little comfort at the moment I'm grateful for the knowledge that they will be with him again someday. I have been amazed by their strength and faith in the Lord through this difficult time.

If you happen to know Doug and Brittany and would like to help a fund has been set up in Daxton's memory through Wells Fargo. You can call this number 1-800-869-3557 or go to a local branch and donate to the Daxton Douglas Kunz Memorial Fund. The account number is 9612719972.

3 comments:

aLiCe said...

Hi Jess.. by the way this is so sad. I just went to a funeral yesterday of my friends mom, she was only 52, not as young as this little boy, but still sad.

I think the surgery cured me. I've been doing just fine! I was so sick of laying on the couch, I was back to work 4 days after my surgery! I could only handle a little at a time. I went swimming and dancing this weekend so that is a good sign. I even ate greasy food- which used to make me double over in pain- and I had nothing!

I'm so excited for you guys to come in a couple weeks! I need some family and kids.. although I may be regretting saying that ... :)

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

My cousin Natalie is married to Logan. My mother called me in tears last week telling me what happened. She then was over shortly to embrace my kids and tell them how much she loves them. We can't tell them enough can we? What a sweet boy- and what a hard trial. I think we as mothers often think/say that the hardest trial we could ever have to endure is loosing a child. However, thank goodness for the Plan of Salvation. I think an even harder trial would be seeing a child go astray from the church which could jeopardize us being with them for eternity.
I've been praying for this sweet family. I'm sure you've been an amazing friend through this all.
Great seeing you this week! I'm excited for their performance.

Taylor Anne Vail said...

Jess.
I have always thought you have such a beautiful way of wording things. You are such a great friend to Brit and am sure your support is truly helping her through this hard time. Wish I could be there to help.
Tif