This weekend the girls and I went shopping. They both had money to spend and Daddy was golfing so we had a girlie excursion. Can I say that I love my kids?! Guess what we brought home: six books and a board game. The board game was purchased by Grace and was The Game of Life.
I'm hoping that each of you have the same fond memories of this game as I do. My brother and I played this game all the time and I was excited to rediscover it with my kids. But things didn't go so well for me. In case you've never played, you get a job and kids and other random grown-up things happen to you as you move around the board. Well, true to life, I got no kids plus I got schooled!
My brother was just saying the other day that he couldn't believe my dad never let us win when we played games with him as kids. I have to tell you that I'm too competitive to let anyone win either, even my kids. I know, sick and twisted. I figure I'm teaching them how to be good losers, right? Unfortunately, I did not let them win today--they beat me fair and square. I guess I'll have to try again another day but if I get no babies next time I'm done!
p.s. This really has nothing to do with the game but I had to record this for my own sake. Grace's spending money came from various people for her baptism. She wrote thank you notes to all of them this week. When I looked them over I noticed she started with "Thank you for coming to my baptism" and then "I (a picture of a heart) $." She was watching as I was reading these so of course I couldn't bust out laughing like I wanted to. It was really cute. I'm hoping that the recipients remember that she's only eight and eight-year-olds do silly things like stating that they love money.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You've got to love the honesty of children! Don't we all really love money?
As for the gaming. I have discovered that I am not really very good at most games. I love Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit because those are games that I actually have a chance at winning.
That's great that they spent the money on books and a game! My kids would have spent it on a game for their DS.
Post a Comment