Today I am especially grateful for my sweet children. It is truly a miracle to me that I am the mother to these amazing spirits. In the past several years I have come to realize how precious life is. I took for granted the blessing of having babies and raising my children. I know many people, several that are near and dear to me, who no longer get to raise their children in this life. My heart breaks for them. I cried today as I snuggled Claire and thought about my friends who don't get to snuggle their babies anymore. I know their babies are being well cared for and will be with their families again, which leads me to my gratitude for the plan of salvation. How thankful I am to know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and that we can be with our families for eternity, even if not in this life (which can feel like an eternity when you are missing a loved one). And there really is no way to adequately express thanks for the atonement of Jesus Christ that makes all of this possible. So if you are one of those friends who has lost a child, know that I think of and pray for you often. And if you are one of the lucky ones to have all of your children still with you, hug them a little tighter and kiss them a little more today.




3 comments:
This post echoed so much of what I am feeling today. I too held my baby and cried this morning. We all have so much to be grateful for.
Your last two posts were simply amazing. How much I have felt along the same lines.
thank you for your post. grateful to know you think of us...and pray for us.
Post a Comment