Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Green Thumb. . . Sort Of

I have never been good at growing things but once we moved into my parents' house I decided maybe I'd try to grow a garden. My dad has the perfect set-up in his backyard with raised planter beds and a watering system. So I bugged my dad to help me plant one before he left. He pretty much did the whole thing while I watched and asked questions. A labor of love because he wouldn't even be here for the harvest! I have been diligently watering and fertilizing and things are actually growing! We have already used some of the herbs and beet greens and can't wait to eat some peas and carrots. Here are some pictures for my dad:




This picture obviously has nothing to do with my garden but it was such a cute picture of Papa and Claire that I couldn't resist posting it.


P.S. Did anyone notice that Claire has a lamp growing out of her head in this picture?

5 comments:

jen said...

It looks great! If you have any questions, call Brad. He's got completely green hands!

Rusty and Jacquie said...

You don't by chance know of any feedig therapists, physical therapist or occupational therapists that work through ddd?? I am wondering if knowing some might help me get them sooner for my little man! Let me know...thanks!

Kristina said...

Color me green... with envy! Lucky garden girl:)

Lauren said...

Looking Good!

Devan and Robyn said...

It is so rewarding to see things actually grow! Way to keep it alive! ... your baby is too cute! I love that stage of grabbing toes and discovering hands, etc. How Fun!