Bear Lake is one of my favorite places in the world. My grandparents built a cabin there in the 70's and my family spent many summers vacationing there. Three years ago my parents built their own house there and now we spend several weeks of our summers enjoying their hospitality. We spend lots of time boating, golfing (which I sort of learned how to do for the first time this summer), making raspberry jam, playing games, and various other fun activities. Some of our favorite things include seeing shows at the Pickleville Playhouse and visiting the Minnetonka Cave which is like a miniature Carlsbad. This summer we even rented a huge bike and rode around the town laughing at how silly we must look. We love the opportunity to get away from the heat but the best part is creating memories with Gammy and Papa. Similar to past years I nearly cried as we pulled away from the house. Can't wait for next year!
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Heaven On Earth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Rach looks amazingly awkward in the bicycle picture.
I surely would have been super jealous seeing you all ride down the main drag in that beauty.
Jess
It's beautiful! Only 11 more months til you can do it again!!
Your girls are so stinkin cute.
It really sounds like heaven... sorry you had to come back to the lone and dreary world, but glad to have ya! Your girls are brave, Mike and I were just wondering if our kids would make it past the life vests!
How fun! My mom and the girls just got back from bear lake too on their vacation to Utah and Idaho. They absolutely loved it and said the sand by the lake was so cool. Glad you guys had a great time!
looks like you had such a great time! I can't believe how big your girlies are...they are so cute!
Post a Comment