Sunday, August 31, 2008

If I Were Stranded on a Deserted Island. . .


I would wish for a transplanted Utah peach tree that would miraculously grow in an island climate because I really think there is nothing tastier in this world than a Utah peach (except maybe Bear Lake raspberries). This is one of my favorite times of the year because I get to gorge myself on peaches. I can never get my fill and the Utah peaches have ruined me to all others. Don't bother buying in the grocery store--it's always disappointing. Sadly, the peaches only come for a few weeks out of the year so I eat as many as possible in that short time. Peaches and ice cream anyone?

4 comments:

Amy Rapier said...

I have never been so hungry for a peach. It's amazing what you find out when all these mormons congregate in mesa... I have now learned that Utah peaches surpass all else, there actually IS a reason to buy Idaho potatoes over any other, and apparently I have yet to taste a real tomato... I have got to find some out-of-state friends with surplus produce.

Heather said...

Oh man--are there Utah peaches in town? How do I get my hands on some? Can you hook me up?

Megan said...

I am so glad there is someone else in this world who is as crazy for peaches as I am! I have been eating peaches for breakfast, lunch and yes, sometimes dinner! They are sooo good with Dannon vanilla yogurt and Just Bunches cereal too! Yea for peaches!

Taylor Anne Vail said...

I agree. yummy. I canned a ton of them this year. if you want I can bring some down when I come in December...just let me know.