I have one of these lovelies in my living room right now. Since I was about 15 I have dreamed of playing the harp but never had the time or impetus to actually do it. Now that my kids are in school all day I decided it was time to learn. I was excited to the point of giddiness when I got this in my house and started playing it. Maybe one of these days I'll be good enough to post a clip of me playing. Wish me luck!
Friday, August 29, 2008
My Dream Come True
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Sweet. Pretty impressive. Did you buy that thing? Are you taking lessons? Have you ever played it before? Sorry for all of the questions. It's just that I've known you for so long and had no idea you wanted to play the harp. Some kind of friend I am.
I am excited for you! I would love to play the cello. Someday I will learn. I'm glad you have the time now to pursue your dream!
That's awesome Jessica! I've always wanted to play the harp too! Maybe you can teach me after you learn. :)
I wish I had bought this beautiful thing but I am renting it to make sure I am in love before dropping the big bucks. I am going to start lessons next week. And today is the first day I have ever really touched a harp and though I have no idea what I am doing I am thoroughly enjoying myself already!
That's so funny - that's why I called you about the piano! I want to start lessons, too! (Wish we lived closer so I could take them from you.) Good for you!!
Your harp is beautiful and you are amazing since you can already play a song. I know this will be a great blessing in your life! MOM
How fun! I always thought harps were elegant and classy- which you are! It totally fits you! Keep us posted on your progress! I just saw a comment that said you can already play a song?! You're a quick learner! But it's always best to learn something new when you have the strong desire to learn it. It will help you to stik with it longer. Good luck!
ummm...excuse the typo. :) I really can spell! It's my fingers that mess up.
I am SOOOO JEALOUS!!! I have told Greg since we have been married that I REALLY REally want one of our kids to play the harp. I have yet to truly convince him that this is a necessity, as I have all of my old "child size" violins just waiting for a child to play them. hmmm... anyway, that is AWESOME!! I am very impressed. On another note, I saw your post on our cabin fun and would like to point out that Rob has a box stuffed up his shirt... which he had to wear for the last portion of the game. :)
I could so seeing you do this! rock on...
Post a Comment