One morning my parents kept Claire while the rest of us went to visit the Robert Louis Stevenson home. The author spent the last part of his life in Samoa. He had a great love for the Samoan people and they for him. The house is set up as it was when he lived there and they give tours of the house. It's beautiful, as are the grounds.
Later that night we stopped on the way to dinner to feed some turtles. It was such a blast. The turtles preferred the papaya we brought and my kids were so brave! I have a series of pictures that I didn't dare post of me trying to feed the turtles then screaming and jumping away when it gets close. Totally embarrassing but my kids had no fear.
In this picture the turtles started fighting and completely drenched my kids. It was hilarious.
After the turtles we drove out to a resort for dinner (can't remember the name). We were trying to catch the sunset and were thwarted by some clouds, but it was beautiful nonetheless.She had no idea the flower was there and wore it all through dinner. A true Samoan baby!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Summer Adventures Part 5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I know I was here for all these pictures, but I still loved the post; made us miss you even more, though. Love, Papa
Le Vasa, which means the ocean. It was beautiful! It is so fun to relive all of this again. Love to you all, Gams
Post a Comment