(Are you starting to wonder if our summer adventures will ever end? We're just getting started-- at this point we still had a month to go!)
We went with Papa one morning to the fish market. You have to go early in the morning while the fish are fresh. I thought it was fascinating, but I'm sure you can tell from Grace's face that this was not her favorite place. Don't you wish it were scratch-n-sniff?!
This is Return to Paradise Beach, named after the movie that was filmed here. Isn't it beautiful?! Unfortunately, our memories of this beach are not so beautiful. The ocean at this beach almost made me a widow. Devon was snorkeling and got caught in the current and carried out to where the waves were breaking. There is no way, with my limited writing abilities, to truly express how frightening this was. Without question it was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. Devon finally managed to clutch onto some coral, rest, and say a prayer before swimming to meet my Dad. His legs were completely bloodied from the coral but he was alive!
Devon and I had the pleasure of attending the temple thanks to some babysitting from Gammy and Papa. It is one of the most beautiful temples I have ever seen. The glass work, carpets, and lighting are amazing.



1 comments:
Just discovered your summer adventure series! I didn't hear that story about Devon snorkeling. Scary!!
Post a Comment