We stopped one day at this gorgeous waterfall. I'm not sure I've ever seen a prettier view.
One of the best things we did on this trip was give away goody bags to kids. Before we left for Samoa the girls and I prepared bags full of candy, balloons and toys to distribute to the kids in the villages. My parents also had some books that our ward had donated and sent that we gave out. The kids weren't quite sure what to think of us at first but once they realized what we were doing their faces lit up and they were so excited. These are children who have very little so it was like Christmas to them. What fun!
More playing at the beach.
One day we drove out to the area affected by the tsunami. Shockingly, my parents said this is much improved from when they were first here. There used to be little to no vegetation at all and there was garbage everywhere. Still looks pretty bad to me.
This was a brand new LDS church that was destroyed by the wave.




0 comments:
Post a Comment