Devon was only able to stay in Samoa for one week but the girls and I stayed an extra week and thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with my parents. We played lots of games, hunted for seashells, did crafts and even went to tea. The following picture is my girls at tea with Sister Wendt. She hosts a formal tea party at her house every week. Her husband was the Samoan ambassador to the U.S. and she collected a whole bunch of tea sets because they were hosting foreign dignitaries. (Hope I have that story right, Mom.) So now she serves tea and food every Wednesday. It was so fun to have an actual tea party. And yes, I'm a complete nerd, and took pictures of the food because it was so beautiful (tasty too).
Inside this beautiful little package were scones. In the little cups are whipped cream and lemon curd to put on the scones. I had never eaten lemon curd before--it is delicious! In fact, the next night my mom and I went to a Relief Society meeting (formerly Enrichment) and Sister Wendt taught us all how to make lemon curd. Somehow I got home without my recipe so I'm hoping my mom still has hers!



3 comments:
Yeah for tea parties! Gammy
YUMMY YUM YUM!!!! That food looks so delicious.
Wow! Looks fabulous and scrumptious! So glad you were able to enjoy something like that!!
Post a Comment